Is It Better to Be Deaf or Blind

This is a misconception many sighted people have Blind people learn how to use their hearing more effectively than sighted people which is why we are able to hear things in the environment that sighted people usually dont. I said that Id rather be deaf than blind.


Blind Teddies Feature In Charity Poster Campaign Mumbrella Blind Children Charity Poster Deaf Children

If you are blind you can see.

. I felt I had to weigh up any supposed pros or cons of visual or hearing impairment. Luckily if you do have either of these disabilities you are not out of hope. Answer 1 of 281.

Speaking just for myself I think Id rather be deaf than blind I could still get around and function better without being able to hear though I would sorely miss the joys of music and silly as this sounds Id still be able to watch. I am in the deaf position. If you accept this debate you will be in the blind position.

This is mainly because of all of the things in my life that would need to change if I were not able to see. In other words I think being deaf is better that being blind. If something is an opinion there wont be any need for that.

He can still drive and getting around is much easier with sight than without it. Respondents rated on a seven-point scale their relative preference for being blind 1 strongest preference or deaf 7 strongest preference as well. Put it together to make deaf-blind you have a whole new set of issues that a hard-of-hearing person or a blind person doesnt.

You wouldnt be able to see the people you love you wouldnt be able to see the. V no movies no video games. Cat Tracks staffer senior Noelle Haselhuhn thinks it would be better to be blind.

Only 4 25 thought deafness was the worst handicap. Blind is the worst and mute is the least bad. Blindness 298 deafblindness 261 mental retardation 155 and quadriplegia 143 were the main handicaps regarded as worst.

No cell phones no social media no T. Having a vision loss is also isolating and you are faced with communication hurdles and barriers as well as a hearing loss. Reaction Paper 1 It is hard to think of advantages of being deaf and blind when you have had sight and sound your whole life.

It really depends but it would be bad to be either. As adjectives the difference between blind and deaf is that blind is not comparableof a person or animal unable to see due to physiological or neurological factors while deaf is not having the faculty of hearing or only partially able to hear. I would rather be deaf because there are ways to work around it unlike being blind.

I think if I am not able to see things I will be happier. One of the biggest communication problems--that of talking on the phone--has largely been replaced with text messaging and online chats or visually with Skype and Snapchat. Transportation providers to identify and implement ways to better promote services tofor the target population.

It is frustrating for him. I know most people would choose being deaf but I love music and I love listening to interviews more than I. Almost 60 considered blindness worse than deafness while only about 6 considered deafness worse.

Pretty much everything I do for career or hobby. I would prefer being born blind over being born deaf as language is more difficult to acquire if deaf and it is more isolating. SOURCES Every source you use must be listed down.

In todays modern world society being mute would be best rather than being blind or deaf because communication is still easy to achieve you can still do many things even if youre mute and in this modern society we dont use our mouths much when we do most of the time its to cause harm and we dont need our mouths as much anymore. Visual and auditory information that is missing decreased andor distorted can have a profound impact on how a child learns communicates and interacts with the environment. If you were blind you would practically never be able to use any form of entertainment again.

I think being blind is better than being deaf I personally hate seeing the horrible visuals of the world today. If you are deaf and blind you will have a heightened sense of your other senses such as smell taste and touch. Being able to practice the area of medicine I want rather than switching to something I can do without vision drive play tennis lacrosse ski free running video game etc.

My husband is deaf. When it comes to isolation and communication and the challenges you face you cannot seperate deaf-blind. In other words you think being blind is better than being deaf.

Deaf is a see also of blind. Both have their plusses and minuses. However when you stop and think you realize that there are actually quite a few.

However her mother thinks the opposite. Being mute you can still perceive the entire world as it is and it only limits your communication. Was it better to be blind or deaf this was something I had never given thought to.

We asked this question of 240 individuals with no perceptual deficits along with their values and preferences for aesthetic as well as practical considerations. You have to have some one read to you and you need to be. Blind is a see also of deaf.

I often say that to be told that a child is deaf-blind doesnt really tell you much about how or what the child might actually see and hear. Regarding this is it better to be deaf or blind. But if I had to give up one sense as an adult then I would opt for going deaf rather than lose my sight.

A blind persons hearing isnt better than a sighted persons. Almost every afternoon when I get home I wonder if I could maintain the life I currently live without sight or hearing. Because generally there is much more data coming in through the vision port than the hearing port and I would prefer processing more data.

He said he would rather be deaf than blind. As nouns the difference between blind and deaf is that blind is a covering. If I was blind I would not be able to read and I really enjoy doing that says math teacher Gayle Haselhuhn.

Blindness 298 deafblindness 261 mental retardation 155 and quadriplegia 143 were the main handicaps regarded as worst. Almost 60 considered blindness worse than deafness while only about 6 considered deafness worse. INTERPRETER WORKFORCE There is a sufficient number of high quality interpreters available to provide services to individuals who are Deaf Deaf-Blind Hard of Hearing and those with a Speech Disability.


Helen Keller Was Both Blind And Deaf She Saw The Beauty In Things Good Life Quotes Life Quotes Family Quotes


Kindness Is A Language Which The Deaf Can Hear And The Blind Can See Mark Twain Quotes Quote Kindness Kind Insp Inspirational Quotes Quotes Men Quotes


Pin On Childhood Hearing Health

No comments for "Is It Better to Be Deaf or Blind"